Welcome!

We are making the "Great Loop" - up the east coast, through the Great Lakes and into Canada, and then down the Mississippi and around Florida. It promises to be the adventure of a lifetime! We invite you to join us through our blog.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Whirlwind Trip Home

We left Chris on Gemini Monday and flew to Atlanta. Monday night was spent with Sara, Ryan and OLIVIA! They humored a Granny in withdrawal and let me take Olivia to Savannah with us. You will see no photos of going to the dentist office or my other doctors - not even dinner with the Harwells, lunch with my dad or breakfast with my Friday breakfast friends. Only my precious granddaughter. It really didn't occur to me to take out my camera for anything else!

We drove the rental car to the Savannah airport to turn it in. Rebecca picked us up and we went to lunch together. Wednesday was dentist day. Steve saw Russell at 8:00 and I went in at 12:00 so we could tag team with Olivia. That night we went to the Yacht Club for dinner and the Harwells joined us. We will have them back on the boat again when they can leave their puppy. She's kind of in the middle of her training...

Thursday Olivia and I saw my rheumatologist in Bluffton - he had her giggling like crazy. Apparently fresh air and sunshine are doing wonders for me and I don't have to see him again for 8 months! We drove over to Pappy's house (my dad) and had a chance to visit with him for a little while. We even got to see Sa for a little while before she left for a lunch with her "River Rats". It is a very special thing to be with great-grandparents. We had to leave sooner than we wanted, because I had my skin check scheduled for the afternoon. Kathleen checked me from head to toe and found only one place she wanted to punch. A zero day or one punch day is pretty good in my book! I will hear back from it this week, but it's been over a year since the last melanoma. We will think good thoughts!

Friday we were able to have breakfast with my Friday breakfast friends. It was great to catch up with Wanda, Pat and Nancy. Steve was glad that Fr. Jim was there and that Nancy brought Shane. Olivia woofed down two pieces of french toast and a cup of milk. We took my car back to Atlanta for Chris, and met Cindy (my sister) in Macon for a very brief visit. Whew!

Sara and Ryan were very glad to get their baby back. We had an early afternoon flight to Chicago, so we got to have breakfast with them before we left. The flight was delayed by an hour, but we got back to the boat before dark. Chris had taken good care of everything and we were glad to have one more night with him before he left. He had an early flight this morning and is already at Sara's playing with his niece. He will stay in Atlanta a few days to do some job hunting... anybody need an illustrator?

We laid in groceries today and pulled out our charts to plan the next part of the trip. Tomorrow (Monday) we plan to head through Chicago on our way to Joliet. Back to the adventure!

Here they come!

I can feed myself!

I love my Grampy!

It fits!

My Momma's a ham too.

Going to Granny's house.


And here's my Becca.

It was breezy in Savannah.

A little yawn.

She was very well behaved at lunch.

What an angel.

I told you it was all about Olivia! I'm a happy Granny!

1 comment:

  1. I see Granny snuck into her room to take pics while she was sleeping! We had a great time too! Can't wait for the next visit...whenever that may be :)

    ReplyDelete